Jun 28, 2009

Hair cut!

About 2 years ago, I went into the hair salon assuming I was just going to get the normal. She would just trim a couple inches off my hair, so it would be healthy and I would leave the salon looking the same as I did coming in. Well I was wrong! I had really long, nasty, unmanaged hair. Of course I thought it looked good. I never thought about changing it, but earlier my mom and I had talked about cutting it short then I backed out. Mom told the person cutting my hair that she thought since it was summer, she should cut my hair really short. They talked about it for a while and let me know what it would look like. As soon as I realized how short my hair would be, I instantly started bawling my eyes out. For girls, our hair is our security net. We think we will be less pretty and look like a boy if we don't have our long hair. That's exactly what I thought and I told them I didn't want to do it. All the women at the salon tried to convince me I had the perfect face for short hair. My high cheek bones were covered by my hair, but they needed to be shown. Finally I gave in and cut 11 inches off my hair! I donated it all to Locks for Love, a charity that makes wigs for cancer patients.

Yesterday I went into the same place to get my hair trimed. I have been getting it cut to look like "The Posh". I think Victoria was the first woman to recently go main stream with a hair cut like this. Before she had long, brown, and luxorious extentions. I thought this hair cut made her more edgy. Now, I want to grow it out again. Not as long as I used to have it, but a little longer than I do now. The black and white picture is how I had it before I got it cut yesterday. I liked the length of the front, but the back is signifigantly shorter than the front. I hadn't gotten it cut for about.... 3 or 4 months I think. I knew my hair was getting damaged with split ends and thought if I cut all the dead ends off, it will start to grow again. So I got it cut. I don't know if I like the results or not. I don't like how she cut too much off, but then again, what did I expect? She also put in a red extention, which I think looks really cool! My mom won't let me dye my hair because she thinks it'll damage my hair or something. It's not a big change. I want to grow my hair out to look kinda scene or emo. But not major scene like the picture with the bow. I would feel like a poseur, because I am not scene nor am I emo. I just like the way it looks. I want it kinda like the picture with the girl with blue eyes or the asian girl.










There are lots of celebrities with short hair, and I've talked to my friends. A lot of them think I should keep it short. They include, Rihanna, Lilly Allan, model Agyness Deyn, Selma Blair, Victoria Beckham and more. In the past month Vogue, Teen voue, and harper's Bazaar have all done an article on short hair. All 3 agree that it's a fashion forward look, and highlights a girl's face structure. Oh, I don't know what to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

let me know what you think! i read and appreciate every comment, and i'll definately take a look at your blog!

find me on polyvore!