Jul 4, 2009

Thrift store shopping!

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY! Mom and I made an awesome American flag rice crispie bar thing. It took a while, but it's aawesome. This time last year I was in Colorado with my friend and her family. Caleigh and I made this amazing American Flag cake with strawberries and blueberries for decoration. We stayed up very late that night eating cake with her step brother... Ah, good memories!



So this morning my mom and I went to the biggest thrift store ever! Ha, not really, but it is really big! We went because they had a 50% off sale! It's one of those thrifts stores that has everything you need. Clothes, Jewerly, shoes, house hold appliances, games, books, furniture, everything! It's so crowded too! There are aisles, and aisles of clothes and stuff. It's really unbelievable.







I like the store because they have lots of good stuff. For some reason they have TONS of vintage designer purses, like Coach, Dooney & Bourke, Louis Vuitton, and more! They have tons of real vintage Coach purses like the black leather cross body bags with gold buckles and accents. My mom has one, but she got hers at a garage sale for $10. Today I found an adorable coral bag from Coach. I think it was only $19.99, but would be like $10 on sale today. I didn't get it, but it sure was really cute. I found a whole bunch of the old, old, old Dooney & Bourkes from a long time ago. I was even gonna buy one, but didn't want to owe my mom one. Shoot, I should have gotten a picture of it, but I got a picture of two different ones. Those too were really cheep, but I had no desire to buy them. Sometimes if you want to buy something, you have to think to yourself if you're really going to use it a lot. That's what happened with the other Dooney & Bourke, I was in line to check out but put it back because I didn't think I was going to use it that often. It was only $10, and my mom wanted to buy it. However, she didn't because she doesn't have a job... *sigh* What else did I find that I didn't buy?? hmmm I found this really UGLY Marc by Marc Jacobs dress. It was yellow and white stripped with this bow in the front. In the back it was criss crossed, and had a really weird ruffley bottom. I don't know what Mr. Jacobs was thinking when he made this dress. There's a reason why it ended up in a thrift store and is still there months later. However, I once found this charming turquoise cardigan from Marc by Marc Jacobs there. I didn't buy it because turquoise just ain't my color. They also have lots of super cheap jewerly. I liked the elephant one... but thought it might be creepy if I wore an elephant pendant on my neck. People may think I am an elephant killer... or worshiper. Neither are true, so I didn't buy it.











Here's an... interesting dress I found. It even had sequins on it!



And they had my old school uniform. Well, not MY uniform, but it's the jumper we had to wear. *BLAH* it brings back bad memories... and makes me wanna barf.

Have fun tonight! Don't blow your head off while lighting fireworks. And don't get caught by the cops if u light illegal ones...

1 comment:

  1. oh i will get my head blown off by some fireworks dont worry
    -this is tierney it doesn't really say

    ReplyDelete

let me know what you think! i read and appreciate every comment, and i'll definately take a look at your blog!

find me on polyvore!